Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) graduates from January 2022 semester onwards will now enjoy two (2) free modular courses (up to 10 credit units) to be taken within 3 years after graduation and conferment under the new Alumni Continuing Education (ACE) Scheme. The ACE scheme encourages our new graduates to continue the learning path they have taken, in a mode that they are familiar with.
The current ACE+ scheme will cease by end December 2023. The July 2021 semester graduates is the last cohort to be eligible for the ACE+ scheme. A new ACE scheme will replace the existing ACE+ scheme from the January 2022 semester.
|SUSS graduates||ACE (new)||ACE+ (existing)||CET Application fee*|
|Graduates from the January 2022 semester onwards||2 free modular courses (up to 10 cu)|
Valid for 3 years
Selected list of 500+ course
|N.A.||$64.20 with GST|
|Graduates from July 2014 semester to July 2021 semester||N.A.||2 free modular courses (up to 10 cu)|
valid for 2 years
Selected list of 200+ courses)
|$64.20 with GST|
1. Who is eligible and what is the eligibility period under the new ACE Scheme?
i) All graduates who completed their undergraduate degree programmes or graduate degree programmes (i.e. Graduate Diploma, Master and Ph.D.) from the January 2022 semester onwards.
ii) All eligible graduates can sign up for the selected modular courses immediately after the semester of graduation and conferment.
iii) All eligible graduates can take up to 2 modular courses (up to 10 credit units) within 3 years after graduation and conferment.
E.g. If you completed your final modules in the January 2022 semester, your eligibility periods will be:
- From July 2022 semester to January 2025 semester
Please note the computation of eligibility is based on semester (January and July respectively) and not the convocation date.
2. How many free modular courses may each eligible graduate apply under the ACE scheme?
All eligible graduates can apply for a maximum of 2 courses (up to 10 credit units) once in their lifetime.
3. What other cost is involved?
New applicants are required to pay a non-refundable application fee* at the prevailing rate of $64.20.
(*The Singapore University of Social Sciences reserves the right to adjust the application fee without prior notice)
4. What courses qualify as eligible courses?
Only non-funded courses conducted by the Singapore University of Social Sciences are eligible under the new ACE scheme. Government-funded, vendor and partner courses are not eligible under the scheme.
Please click here to view the list of courses eligible under the ACE Scheme.
This course listing is for information and does not constitute a contract. SUSS reserves the right to change, amend, supplement or cancel courses and/or change the schedule of courses. SUSS further reserves the right to change the curriculum, requirements and policies for a course without prior notice. This course listing should not be read as a guarantee of the courses to be offered under the scheme.
5. How many seats are available for each course under this scheme?
A limited number of seats will be made available for each course in a semester. Seats will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
6. What will be awarded on successful completion of a course?
Upon the successful completion of the course, a course certificate will be issued together with the relevant credit units for the course. Credit units may be used to gain credit recognition or credit transfer when enrolled into a full undergraduate or graduate degree programme at SUSS. (Terms and Conditions apply)
When a course is completed without fulfilling the assessment requirements, a certificate of participation will be issued.
7. If an alumnus takes more than 10 cu or 2 modular courses, what course fees will apply?
Beyond the two free modular or 10 cu courses, the full course fees will apply and the Alumni concession is applicable.
8. I am left with 2.5 credit units to claim. Can I take a 5 cu course and pay the balance fee after deduction?
No, unused credit units will be forfeited if not fully used within the eligible period
9. What are the conditions for taking the courses under the ACE scheme?
- Learners must be enrolled as credit students.
- Learners are not allowed to repeat courses which were completed in their degree programmes.
- Vendor and partner courses are not eligible under the ACE scheme.
- Government funded courses are not eligible under the ACE scheme.
- Learners will adhere to the rules and regulations of study at the University.
- Learners are required to sit the prescribed examinations/assessments or submit any course/project work (if any) under the course requirements.
- Learners are required to complete all surveys and feedback related to the course.
10. I have graduated in July 2021 semester. Can I opt for the new ACE instead of the existing ACE+ scheme?
ACE scheme is applicable to graduates from the January 2022 semester onwards. Graduates before the January 2022 semester will not be allowed to opt for ACE scheme. Please click here for more information on the ACE+ scheme applicable to graduates before the January 2022 semester.
11. How do eligible applicants apply for the courses?
Applicants can click here to register.
Applicants are required to tick against the "Taken at SUSS" status box under Highest Education Details and key in "Claim ACE" under the "Sponsorship" Column during registration.
Please submit the following documents during the online e-application:
- Coloured NRIC (front and back)
- 1 recent colour passport-sized photograph
January Semester: October to End November
July Semester: April to End May
ACE scheme applicants are not required to submit their educational qualifications (specified in the auto-generated acknowledgement reply).
Write to email@example.com for more information.